Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

The Value of People

This was a pretty awesome thing that I wrote during study hall today and it was completely God driven. I am not sure if you are going to follow it because it is in some way random and doesn’t follow a regular though process I don’t believe. I hope that you enjoy.
I cannot believe some of the things and ways that God will get your attention, such as when yesterday my youth pastor was talking about suicide. Now it really never hits home until you confront it face to face an realize that this is not a fake issue that only certain kids deal with. A sad fact is that a school in my area lost a total of four kids to suicide in less than two years. Maybe this is just a so what, big deal, kind of issue to you but it isn’t to me. Those four kids that may be in hell and four families and sets of friends that are hurting and in great pain because of the lose that they suffered. See, so often we value people and some are worth our time and effort and others are not. The best example that I can think of is from the movie To Save A Life. The youth pastor in the movie named Chris stands up and asks the kids what they would do for twenty dollars and the list some fun and kind of absurd things that people wouldn’t just normally do. He then continues on to ask if they would do the same things for a penny. The normal response is no way because it wouldn’t be worth it. We tend to give closer people our time and others we don’t value as much so we end up giving them very little time if any at all. There are so many people in the world that are hurting and so it would be my prayer that you would ask Go to open your eyes to those people who are hurting and you just might find someone in need of a helping hand.
I hope that this challenges you and inspires you to start looking at people in a different light as it has inspired me. I pray that you would come to value everyone and to love people the way that God loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment