Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

God's Will

God’s will is sometimes very hard to see. Sometimes we feel like he has it all wrong and that our plan is better. Someone in your family dies, but you were praying for God’s will; What makes us upset at God then? Sometimes, or all the time, as human beings we only see the smaller picture. God sees the full picture and the full effect of everything that happens in life. When Jesus was in the garden praying, he prays that God would take the cup away from him and let him not have to go through what he had to go through. The end of his prayer though shows how our attitude should be. He prays that not his will but his Father’s will. I know that you may think that God has it all backwards and I know that I cry out to God at times and go “What are you doing?” It is so hard to see his will and accept it. I wish I had a way to help out or a solution that allows you to hand everything over to him and his will but I don’t. I got it all mixed up just like everyone else in the world. My favorite example is from the movie “Letters to God”. In the movie Tyler has cancer and is dying from cancer. Now if you haven’t seen the movie and you still want to see it and not have the end ruined then you probably want to stop reading until after you have seen it. The whole movie is about Tyler’s struggle and his families struggle. He writes letters to God that get into the hands of a postal worker that is taking over the job of someone going on brake. The postal worker reads them and sees the faith that Tyler has and the way that he prays for the individual people in life. In the end Tyler dies. If that isn’t touching enough, kids from Tyler’s school and from all over the area start writing letters to God. So many people saw the hope that God gave them and wanted what God had to offer. There were so many letters that the postal office had to find a place to put them. You see if we just focus on Tyler dying we miss so much. We miss that God had a bigger plan and we miss so many people that were around Tyler. A single death brought hundreds of people to Christ. The best part of this movie is that it is true and actually did happen several years ago. If one life, one struggle for survival, has this much impact, what could you do in your life if you started looking for God’s will? I pray that you will find him and ask him to see the bigger picture, to see into his will.

1 comment:

  1. I just got a letter from my sponser child and this is what it says, well part of it anyways, "My father was died and left this world in the last June. I and my family were sad because of his death. But now we are comforted, because everything is under God's will." How awesome is that?

    ReplyDelete