Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Spiritually Sick

Well, things just seem to be going from bad to worse as far as my health may be concerned. As weird as this might sound for a teenage boy, I want to go back to school. I am sick and tired of being sick and doing nothing all day. I know though, that if I go back I would never have enough energy to get through the day. I just hope that when I go to the doctor tomorrow, that all that is needed is a stronger antibiotic and that it isn’t something worse. I just know that I need to trust in God through this situation and just allow him to take over.
Enough of that, I’d rather use my time to blog about something important. While being sick I have lost a lot of my physical strength. Just from not eating as much and being somewhat dehydrated. I got to thinking though, can we be spiritually sick? And if we can, will it slow us down and have us make less of an impact around us? I guess to answer that question we have to decide what being spiritually sick would look like. Maybe it’s the thoughts that you think or the things that you say, or maybe it is the lack of God’s word in your life or prayer. All these things affect you and your spiritual walk with God. If you don’t read God’s word, which could be compared to food and drink, you can lack strength when the devil tempts you or threatens you. This could make you vulnerable to his attacks and the thoughts and deeds that he brings with his attack. I guess in all of this what I want to say is to stay strong in your walk with God, especially when reading his word and going through your day. Glorify him with your words and attitude because it is him that gave you this day and it is him that could take it away. Stand strong my friends and be careful not to fall spiritually ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment