Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

What Helps You?

Wow, it has been so long but this time I am for real. I am making a comeback because I have realized that I could touch so many lives by just taking ten minutes out of each of my days. So here goes, and I want some feedback from all of you. What helps you when you seem to get into a spiritual rut? Everyone has something different I know because I have talked to a lot of different people. For me, it's just taking some time to play my guitar and worship. By worship I don't mean just singing, although that happens sometimes, but I mean just being in awe of him again. Sometimes I can find it so hard to just sit and be in awe, or in my daily life just remember who I am on this earth to serve. For me, just playing music brings me back to that point where I can truly worship him. For others that I have talked to they have said that reading a certain passage of scripture or going to a certain place always helps. While in the end each of us should strive to daily live passionately and devoted to Christ, the reality is that this doesn't always happen. People have lives, school, work, kids, friends, that all take a front seat and put God in the back seat. So I guess the question is, who is driving your car? If it isn't God are you willing to put your foot on the brake, stop driving the wrong way, and let him take over? I am going to leave you with this, a verse from Isaiah.

The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.
Isaiah 58:11 NIV

Walk in the ways of the Lord always my brothers and sisters in Christ, and never lose focus on the one who has saved you and will love you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment